United Methodist Women is the largest denominational faith organization for women with approximately 800,000 members whose mission is fostering spiritual growth, developing leaders and advocating for justice.
Members raise up to $20 million each year for programs and projects related to women, children and youth in the United States and in more than 100 countries around the world.
United Methodist Women and The United Methodist Church's principles and values include:
- Promoting the empowerment of women, children and youth.
- Promoting anti-racism and multiculturalism.
- Promoting inclusion and equity.
- Promoting fair labor practices.
- Promoting economic and environmental stewardship and sustainability.
The Vision of United Methodist Women
Turning faith, hope and love into action on behalf of women, children and youth around the world.
Living the Vision
- We provide opportunities and resources to grow spiritually, become more deeply rooted in Christ and put faith into action.
- We are organized for growth, with flexible structures leading to effective witness and action.
- We equip women and girls around the world to be leaders in communities, agencies, workplaces, governments and churches.
- We work for justice through compassionate service and advocacy to change unfair policies and systems.
- We provide educational experiences that lead to personal change in order to transform the world.
For more information on our local chapter of the UMW or about upcoming activities, events, or mission projects...please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
2018 UMW Calendar (meet every 3rd Thursday at 1:00 pm)
Jan 18 Hostess / Marcelle Rosenstiel
Feb 4 Soup & Sandwich Lunch 11am-2 pm
Feb 15 Hostess / Reita Sheffey
Mar 15 Hostess / Cheryl Phillips @ the Church
Apr * Spring District Meeting-TBA
Apr 19 Hostess / Roberta Miller
May 17 Lunch Outing-Welcome Inn, Elizabeth, IL & meeting at the home of Edith W. (RSVP to Reita Sheffey)
Jun 21 Hostess / Jenese Millward @ the Church
Jul 29 All Church Pot Luck Picnic 12pm @ Blackhawk Monument
Aug 16 Hostess / Verda Werkheiser @ the Church
Sep 20 Hostess/Cherie Kuhlmyer
Sep * Fall District Meeting-TBA
Sep 28 Lena Nursing Center Birthday Party
Oct 18 Hostess / Laura Pentecost
Nov 15 Hostess / Sandy Kohl
Dec 20 Christmas Lunch Outing –TBA
*Date to be announced